“I’m getting deeper into what it is to be moved by connectedness, to be able to abide in that space before and after thought until what is called forth is not fabricated by a mental effort but by something much deeper, larger, more full…”
-Chris Alford, Australia, Past Participant
What you will learn in the Yoga WITH Nature course
- Why Nature is an integral part of Yoga,
- How to turn Yogic Theories (connection with breath, the witness/present aspects, feeling of deep peace and connection) into Nature Connect experiences not just concepts,
- How to use Nature Connection to help to calm thought, be more present and increase inner peace,
- How to use your senses as a communication with yourself and nature and why ‘withdrawing’ senses is really connecting with a deeper sense of connection,
- work with postures in nature connected way.
This course is compatible with whatever style of asana practice you currently have, from restorative to ashtanga. We will work through some of the stories that the industry and mass media have put on Yoga and get back to the heart of Yoga (awareness that opens up the way for connection).
How it works
The Yoga With Nature course is 11 weeks.
Each week you will read a chapter, do an activity (and share that activity with your group) and respond to your group. It will take approximately 2 – 3 hours a week – if you are someone who likes to delve deeper or take more time for contemplation, allow yourself more time.
This is a blend of solo time and group time. Everyone in this group is committed to staying on the schedule. Posting schedule usually looks like this:
1. Read chapter during the weekend and do activity over the weekend – (write up ahead of time if you like and save),
2. Send the activity/post to the group on Mondays,
3. Respond to others posts by Friday (so that you have time to do the next chapter over the weekend),
*If you know you will be away for a posting, you can arrange it with the group to send ahead of time, you can then catch up on responding to the group. The key here is communication, just let the group know what’s going on as soon as you can.
This course is limited to 5 people. The duration of the course is 12 weeks: one week of introductions,
10 weeks of course work, the last week is a 3 page paper.
You will be required to purchase the book Yoga With Nature. It is currently available in ebook format for $25. Payment online by paypal; if you would like/need to make other arrangements, please contact me.
In order to be have the foundations needed to understand how to navigate this course, participants are required to have:
We are all coming from different places, we each have places where we are strong and insightful in and places where we need a little guidance and help. It’s always easy to know if a course is the right fit for you.
So, if after you complete the course and you feel like your experience and understanding of Yoga hasn’t deepened or expanded, then I will understandably refund your money. I do request that people give the course a full fair try before deciding, things shift as what is being presented is understood on a deeper level.